Some Sage Advice

Have you ever made gnocchi? I had not. I have not even had it more than a handful of times in my life. I love potatoes though, so it stands to reason that I would like this tender delectable.

I saw a recipe some time ago for sweet potato ravioli with a brown butter and sage. I decided that it might be interesting to incorporate that idea in to gnocchi. After looking online for ways to switch up the ingredients, I find that I am not alone in this quest and/or idea. There are several tasty sounding recipes to use as my guide. The gnocchi does not take a ton of time to make and the sauce is as simple as browning the butter; adding chiffonaded sage to crisp up towards the end.



I will admit that I have never had crunchy sage before. Wow, what I have been missing. I am falling hard for this one. It really packs a flavor punch and will prove to be an amazing garnish for soups in the future. But back to the meal; I really liked the carb packed pillows of sweet potato and by no surprise the butter/sage sauce is a beautiful pairing. Brian seems to enjoy it too. But in the interest of disclosure, Eden does not like it; I might even go as far to say that she hates it. So given that, I cannot say the meal was a complete success. Although we have enough left over that we are able to freeze some for a rainy day or maybe tomorrow's lunch--whichever comes first.

No comments: